click map Mail Spotify Photography Pinterest Follow Instagram About Me Contact I Believe Movies Locale Setting Thoughts Life Freebies

1/52


"The Patriarch"
The first of 52 portraits of my family in 2014.

I realized tonight, after a father's blessing before the start of the new semester tomorrow, how fortunate I am to have my dad. I realized, for what felt like the first time, that not everyone has a father that is so faithful, loving, and devoted to his family and his religion. I've always taken for granted having a father who was a worthy priesthood holder, a constant, someone uncompromising through my teenage tantrums and fits of rebellion. This photo makes my heart feel so full. The kindest eyes in the world and just the hint of a loving smile behind calmly folded hands. I love you, dad.

x