click map Mail Spotify Photography Pinterest Follow Instagram About Me Contact I Believe Movies Locale Setting Thoughts Life Freebies

Nostalgia.

I don't think there could be a more perfect title for this photo I love so dearly.

I have spent so much time staring at it. I keep it tucked away in a folder on my computer and every now and again I click to it and study.

This photo was taken during the happiest time in my life thus far. The shadow outlines the shape of a photographer and friend who I love immensely. The blurred background is a reminder of a beautiful solitary place during a season of exploration and enthusiasm. It preserves me in a moment of absolute contented happiness, my smile easy and honest. Even the photo's medium (35mm film) documents a period of learning and artistic experimentation.

This photo reminds me of the power of photography. The lighting isn't even, the film is grainy and marked, but the photo speaks regardless. It sings really.

At least to me.
x

Written on May 9th at 12:25 AM