click map Mail Spotify Photography Pinterest Follow Instagram About Me Contact I Believe Movies Locale Setting Thoughts Life Freebies

I've been enjoying a little bit of non-fiction in my films. 
Click below to read about it.






Kimjongilia // If you haven't been following North Korea in the news lately, I encourage you to do so. This Sundance documentary tells the heartbreaking story of the lucky few who have escaped from N. Korea and what the citizens left behind continue to face. I learned that N. Korea is the most isolated country in the world and this documentary shows how blessed we are to have access to so much information.
// Free on Netflix //






Hitchcock // There is so much beauty in this movie. Hitchcock's Hollywood home is incredibly dreamy and Scarlett Johannson is stunning (as always). The movie also wonderfully echoes the suspense found in Hitchcock's own films. 
// Find it at a Redbox //


Zodiac // You should get used to me talking about David Fincher's movies, because he is a genius. A few weeks ago I wrote about his movie, "The Game." Well, it doesn't have anything on this one. The movie is based on actual events that took place in San Francisco in the 70s. It follows the mysterious Zodiac murders, the killer's taunts to the authorities, and one cartoonist's obsession with tracking down the culprit. It's suspenseful and dark and well-acted. It's almost 3 hours long, and it flew by. I loved it.
// Rent it on Amazon Instant //  

xxx.