click map Mail Spotify Photography Pinterest Follow Instagram About Me Contact I Believe Movies Locale Setting Thoughts Life Freebies

11/52


Pleasant Surprise
The eleventh of 52 portraits of my family in 2014.

Mom in the Japanese Tea Garden in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park, camera in hand as always.

This week, as I've returned to school after Spring Break I've had a really hard time trying to plan for my future. On the way to school on Tuesday I told my mom, with unexpected emotion, that I fear there's nothing that I love doing enough to do it for the rest of my life. I like (sometimes even love) writing, and photography, and design, but I've never had one thing that stands out as my passion in life, one thing that I haven't felt totally sick of at some point; it's a blessing and a curse. On the opposite end of the spectrum, my mom is so devoted to photography. She does it constantly, and her passion for it never seems to wane. I envy and admire her for that. 
I chose this photo because it captures the real emotion on my mom's face the moment she looked up from her camera, just a split second before she pulled one of her I-know-I'm-being-photographed expressions.
x

See the rest of the series by clicking here.