click map Mail Spotify Photography Pinterest Follow Instagram About Me Contact I Believe Movies Locale Setting Thoughts Life Freebies

8/52


Authentic Emotion, Staged Shoot
The eighth of 52 portraits of my family in 2014.

Two photos of his actual attitude about his baptism portrait session, one photo of his response to his mom bringing up his "girlfriend."

I endeavor to make these weekly portraits as honest as possible. I try to keep post processing to a minimum and I avoid staging the moments that I capture. Carson's purposeful portrait session was a completely different thing. During the quick afternoon shoot I got lots of photos of this sweet, silly dude looking happy and respectable, but the reality is that an 8-year-old boy eager to get to pack meeting isn't all that pleased to be sitting still in a suit. Fortunately, if you can get said 8-year-old to react to the mention of his crush, then you get a chance at a genuine grin (and some serious blushing).
I love you, Carse.
x